Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Andy's Rough Day


Yesterday Andy had a double-header with surgery!

1. He had a piece of metal stuck in his eye and went at 9:30 AM to have it drilled out. Yes, drilled out! Very painful process.

2. Then at 10:00 AM he went to the dentist for oral surgery. He had a baby tooth pulled and they dug through his jaw to his permanent tooth and attached a chain from the tooth to his braces. The chain will slowly pull the tooth down into position. I had this exact procedure done when I was 16, but unlike Andy I was put under anesthesia. Needless to say, he was really feeling some pain. He gets his stitches out next week.

He is on antibiotics, eye drops, and major pain killer. I think he'll survive, but I feel so bad for him and the double whammy he had yesterday!

7 comments:

Ty and Holly said...

That seriously sucks. Why didn't he schedule them on different days? Hope he feels better because it sounds like it was horrible!

Parry's said...

Ouch..When did the metal get in his eye...(Day) obviously at work but has it been there long? Did the metal hurt? Sorry It makes me feel so hurt right now! I am concerned? Love ya

Mama Mia said...

Oh this sounds like a horrible day for him. I bet he is so glad to have his cute wife there by his side to nurse him back to health!

HeRoosSheRoos said...

ooooweeeee! That doesn't sound fun at all. I hope he feels better soon.
SheRoos

Glenda said...

Andy... hope you are feeling better. You need to space out those kind of things!! I know you are tough ...Hope Nicole is taking the best care of you!!! Love MOM

Holly said...

ouch! I feel so bad for Andy. Wish him well. My eyes are watering and my jaw is hurting for him.

Bethers said...

Andy is one tough dude to have all that done on one day! Take good care of him.