Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Weekend

We spent the weekend up in Salt Lake. Andy and I both had work up there and also we did a baby shower for Maeve. The shower was so much fun! There was a great turn out and all the Bingham ladies had a lovely time chatting! You could just feel the energy and love in the room. Thanks Holly for hosting!

We had the chance to go out with our engaged friends Ryfighter and Kate. We all share a love of ethnic foods (except Ryfighter isn't a fan of sushi- what??). So, they had scouted out a Vietnamese restaurant where we all enjoyed summer rolls and Pho. Pho is this huge bowl of steaming beef broth soup with beef in it - you choose what type of beef you want like meatballs or brisket. Then you customize your bowl by making it as hot, sweet, or spicy as you want. You mix in cilantro, bean sprouts, jalapeƱos, limes, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chili sauce - whatever! It is really delicious and clears the nasal passage. We were all pretty much sweating and crying and our noses were running but we were loving it! We had such a great time with Ryfighter and Kate.









And we couldn't resist photographing Mylee at her best making a mess of some popcorn! She cracks us up. We had a great weekend but we are glad to be back home!



12 comments:

Glenda said...

I love how you described the baby shower, "you could feel the energy in the air"! That is how I felt about it also ! Your pictures are fun, glad you could combine business with pleasure! Drive safe today!!! love you

breezy said...

Looks SO fun!! Mylee and her mess making looks fun!!! i am glad you had a great time!!! hope all is well!
Love ya Brie!

Colby said...

MYLEE ROCKS. I love how she has popcorn stuck on her booty. Good to see you guys.

corryfever said...

nicole, it was so good to see you on saturday! it really was so fun. your spring decor looks adorable, i love your house. i am so glad that you can understand the crafty man! and you are lucky i bet andy really could make anything!

Holly said...

I see those pictures of Mylee and I keep asking myself why I brought that popcorn home from the theater. It ended up all over my car and my kitchen floor!! What a mess!! Love ya!!

Kate said...

Nicole, we had such an awesome time with you and Andy! It was so fun to eat Pho with you! I can't wait to see you two again. XOXO

Mama Mia said...

Pho looks yummy! Messy Mylee what do you say...adorable!

Mama Mia said...

Nicole I didn't know you and Andy are 11 yr old scout leaders! Cool! I have a schedule for the year to get everything done and passed off if you are interested. Email me if you want it. (I don't think I have your email)

Amy said...

Hey Bing- Just checkin out your blog. I'm loving the iron gates, I didn't know Andy did that. Someday...someday! You look great, congrats on your finished paper. That's awesome!

Laurie Bingham said...

It was so good to see you guys. My favorite part was that you couldn't stop calling me:) Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Carly said...

the food looks delish! So sad I couldn't make it to the shower.

Bethers said...

I came home from the shower with increased love for my sisters and my nieces...basically ALL the Bingham Girls....you are all so amazing. I am proud to be a part of this group of SISTERS. The pho looks delicious.