Saturday, April 19, 2008

Weekend in Bear Lake






This weekend Andy installed some of his custom railings at The Reserve Lodge, the clubhouse of a subdivision Nate is building in Bear Lake. It turned out amazing!

Since my dad was good enough to help Andy, I got to spend all day Saturday with my mom. It was just the two of us, which is highly unusual, puttering (as my mother-in-law would say), having great conversation, looking at recipes, and decorating. It was so refreshing. Neither of us usually spend Saturdays so lazily, so it was nice. And it was so great to connect with my mom since we live so far apart.

Later that night we had a fun dinner at Amber & Nate's and Laurie & Colby came over (we missed you Brie & Yeagers). It was a great weekend!

8 comments:

Parry's said...

It was so fun to see you! I Love the finished product. Andy does GOOD work.

breezy said...

Oh that sounds so fun i really missed out when are you coming down to get your hair done? i love you and miss you sorry i have been crazy busy it feels like its comeing all to fast and passing bye but i love you!

Nick said...

The railings are beautiful! Andy's work is amazing. I'm so happy that you married someone who is as talented as you. I would pity any fool who had to live in the shadow of your creativity!

Glenda said...

I am so glad you had pictures! i was thinking today I wanted to do a post about our fun week-end , so I am glad you did! Like i said, you have no idea how excited I was to just spend a relaxing day with you, it was so enjoyable! Thanks for plucking my eyebrows so perfect!

Mama Mia said...

love love love the railing! Awesome!

Michelle said...

The railings are really nice. Good job Andy. Glad you got some relaxing mom time. Sounded fun. I think you all do a fantastic job spending time together and connecting.

Holly said...

Those railings are beautiful and I love the Window well covers he made me!! Andy is very talented. It was great to see you for a few minutes. Can't wait for the big weekend coming up in May!! Love ya

JOE BURNS said...

Andy that railing if freakin' sweet man. Looks so good you got mad skillz bro.