Thursday, May 29, 2008

Out latest project: Outdoor Buffet

This is our back patio off our bedroom with this little roof that covers the stairs that go into the basement. The little roof used to be the perch for our swamp cooler, but Andy got this brilliant idea to move it to another window and build an outdoor buffet that can double as a potting table.

A couple days later...it features bead-board, a stainless steel counter top, as well as custom metal counter tops Andy built. We are still working on the trim and touch ups, but we are so excited to have some space for outdoor dining! And it looks soooo much better than a giant swamp cooler. Now I can look out the kitchen window while doing dishes and see the beautiful back yard rather than the swamp cooler. And, the top ledge works great to pass things through the window while Andy is cooking and I'm prepping in the kitchen. I'm pretty happy with my "Handy Andy".

12 comments:

Parry's said...

Wow You are so lucky to have a Handy Andy. I love the outdoor eating area! Amazing!

Kate said...

Ryan and I have been eating outside a lot lately, too. What a great thing to have in your back yard! Now I'm jealous. :-)

Mama Mia said...

What a great idea! Don't you love having a handy husband!

marshallfamilyhappenings said...

I'm excited for a bbq or 2, that is, if we're invited. you guys are doing wonders with that house. Definitely Handy Andy but now, with a woman's touch. A great touch at that.

Laurie Bingham said...

That looks so awesome, I love it! I also love how creative and handy Andy is! Can't wait to see you this weekend as well!

Glenda said...

Such a smart idea! Andy is so creative and talented! I tried to explain what you had done and nobody could vision what I meant, so I am glad you posted a picture! Love all of your projects!!

Jason and Andrea Wilcock said...

Nicole,
I love your yard! You guys have been working hard and it looks great!!! I'm excited to see more pictures. Also, thanks for the great eggplant recipe. ~Wilcock Family [PS We are considering moving back to Cedar City soon]

Higbee said...

I love your buffet table! He is so handy! And your back yard is looking so good!! :) I love doing fun little projects around our house!

Loni said...

We just wanted to say thanks for the fun time on Saturday night! It was so neat to see your house and back yard...you guys are so talented! Dinner was so good...I really want that recipe for the tortilla salad! Thanks again!
The Paces

The Douglas's said...

Wow, that is way cool. I bet its fun to have such a handy husband

Betsy said...

Handy Andy is amazing! That buffet looks amazing! I like the window/passing idea too. That would definitely come in handy for me!

Holly said...

That is so AWESOME!! Andy is so talented!!