Friday, June 27, 2008

The Funderburks Make a Visit

Andy's parents drove in from Amarillo, Texas to visit and here's what has happened so far:

1. We got to take them to church with us. This is the pretty building where we get to attend church - the historical Old Rock Church. After church we grilled kabobs on the grill.


2. Brenda and I went to get some cold drinks for everyone and when we returned we couldn't find the guys in the family room where we left them watching TV. I couldn't imagine where else they would be! We found them all piled up on our bed, of course watching TV.


3. Kevin, Andy and I have been dying to take Gary and Brenda to our favorite restaurant in St. George - Benja Thai and Sushi. It was a treat for us to share this charming place with them. The food was delicious and I think they even liked it a little bit!


4. Brenda and I took a "girl's afternoon" and went shopping since neither of us will ever turn down an afternoon of shopping! We had some luscious salads at 25 Main and hit up all the favorite shops in St. George.

Best of all, Brenda drug me to Cedar City's darling new knit and quilt boutique called Sew Swanky. I have actually been wanting to check it out for months now. They have incredible yarns and lots of Amy Butler fabrics which Brenda has introduced me to. She diagnosed my taste in fabrics and was right on. I am pretty excited for the Amy Butler trunk show Sew Swanky is doing this August and the class where I am going to make a purse! Now, I just need a sewing machine.... Any suggestions?

5. We were able to see a play at the Tony Award Winning Utah Shakespearean Festival. We saw The Two Gentlemen of Verona in the Adams Shakespearean Theater which is one of the closest existing replicas of Shakespeare's Globe Theater (sorry if I sound like I am giving a campus tour). The play was very well done and the atmosphere was magical.


We had to get a picture with one of the famous tart ladies.

6. Brenda made her famous Brisket and was it ever delicious! All hail to Claudes!

7. Groovefest is going on in Cedar City and the band Nowhere Man and a Whiskey Girl played their pre-show at The Grind Coffee Shop. I wanted to check it out because the couple is related to one of the girls from my graduate program. We really enjoyed it and even bought one of their cd's. They are great performers.


8. The only thing Andy's dad wanted to do here in Cedar City was go to work with Andy and that is exactly what he has done every day!

9. Gary and Brenda's Mountaineer broke down while they were here which was really unfortunate for them. But fortunately, Andy has all the right connections for them to be able to get it fixed quickly and affordably.

10. Their visit has been a lot of fun so far and isn't over yet!

6 comments:

Emily, Randy, Baby, and the Pups said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast....sorry it took so long to add you blog to ours. We'll keep in touch!

Amanda said...

Sounds like tons of fun...I think we're going to try to catch a play this weekend!!! I will definitely need to check out the sew shop...where is it at in Cedar?

Bethers said...

YOU know how to pack fun in!!! I love your church and always notice it when we drive through there. I can't wait to try the Thai place.

Brittney said...

Fun! I am hoping to spend some time down there too when Kayla goes down for school. Neat Blog and header, thanks for the tip. When you come to Bear Lake again let me know so we can try to get together. Candice Eborn and Ruby are planing to be here for Raspberry Days and a little while after so maybe if you up then we can all try to do the lake or lunch or something.

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

Thanks for the comment. I actually just bought some fabric from Sew Swanky to make some more stuff! If you get a sewing machine you could totally make one of those skirts I make, for yourself, they are really easy. Or else just get going on the baby thing eh :)

Glenda said...

wow you have been busy packing in all that fun , and working full time on top of it!! Looks like fun girl time with Brenda! How Great!