I was called as assistant camp director for our ward. The theme was "Young women all over the world steadfast and immovable." Each ward had a different country and we were Canada!

This is most of our group with one of the crafts we did. They are cute wood blocks with metal letters of their first name attached.

There was a last minute change of plans on our location because of a snow storm a couple of weeks ago. We ended up staying on the property of one of the members of our stake presidency. This was our view from camp - beautiful! That is Kolob.

Our skit (with the lovely porta-potty in the background).

This is one of the handouts I made for the girls for testimony meeting night. We did all of our handouts in English and French since both languages are the official languages of Canada. The girls' testimonies were so special and made all of the hard work so worth it!

I missed being away from my comfortable bed, my sweet husband, and my luxurious bathroom. But I am already looking forward to next year!
10 comments:
Girl's Camp looked like it was fun! I bet you did an awesome job. Now you can enjoy the rest of the summer!
Oh I always try to stay away from girls camp...but you look like you had a great time...love the handout!
Wait to go You did it! I am sure the girls loved and appreciated all of your work!
That looked like it was a blast and made me remember all of our young women's camps. You follow in your moms footsteps and they are great footsteps to follow! Way to go! Now you can enjoy the rest of your summer!
I am so impressed and I bet you were such a fun leader. I know you would have been my dream leader! Welcome back!
It looks like you added your special flare! Michael and I are off this weekend with Youth Conference...
How fun! I absolutely loved girl's camp & made some great memories. I salute you for having a good time & getting dirty.
looks like loads of fun lady! And you look so happy! I miss you!!!!
I loved girl's camp! I have no doubt you are an amazing camp director!! How fun!
So Proud! Girls camp is a lot of work, alot of dirt, but so worth the warm and fuzzy friendships you build! Testimonies are started at girls camp for alot of those girls!! Love you
Post a Comment