Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend

We had a much needed low-key 4th of July which involved a parade, snow cones, and watching fireworks from a mattress in the back of Andy's truck. It was a perfect view and very private.

We had to mess with the "fireworks" setting my camera happens to have.

Saturday we ventured to the farmers market in St. George and bought a basil plant. On our way home from St. George, we stopped in the old ghost town of Silver Reef and explored for a bit. Then we ate at The Cosmopolitan Restaurant in Silver Reef. The food was incredible and very unique. Andy had Bison and I had Hungarian Goulash. I highly recommend trying this place out.

Our new sunglasses.



On Sunday we tried some new recipes. Sweet Soy-Grilled Short Ribs with sticky rice and Chickpea & Romaine Salad with Lemon-Parmesan Vinaigrette. They were both very easy and turned out great. Click the links to try them for yourself.



12 comments:

suwit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bethers said...

YUM! This looks so good.

Kaydee said...

I loved the sun glasses. You are always darling.

Brittney said...

Sometimes the best times are when you just sit back and relax and not try to be in all the hustle. I am learning this from Cody. Sounds like a very enjoyable 4th of July. Neat little trip and food! Life seems fun for you!!!

HeRoosSheRoos said...

Great shades- you styling couple! We just bought a basil plant and some other herbs. Hope they survive.

Glenda said...

Sounds like a relaxing week-end! I really want to try out the resturant at Silver Reef! Plans still look like JULY 18 AND 19 FOR THE FESTIVAL!

Kate said...

How fun! You guys are so darling as always and your food lookd delicious. I am starving now!

marshallfamilyhappenings said...

you guys have been busy! Looks like a lot of fun. Your food always looks like it should be in a magazine. I need you to go dishes shopping with me when I get back. I love all your dishes and we're getting brand new ones.

Ronda said...

How fun!!! You are so cute and I love reading your blog! You and Andy go so great together!

Mama Mia said...

Your ribs look better than the instructions...I am going to try these!

Ty said...

I'm starving right now. I have not looked at your blog in a while. You make some nummy looking food.

Maeve said...

Yummy! I will have to try them once I have a kitchen again.