Our newest iceberg favorite.
My husband. My manly, tough husband is obsessed with iceberg lettuce. Before we got married, I was a lettuce snob and refused to eat iceberg. Now, you won't find our refrigerator without it. Whenever I mention that we're having Taco Salad, Cobb Salad, or Lettuce Wraps for dinner he gets so excited. He loves the fresh, crispness of iceberg. So, I am asking you for ideas of recipes I can make with iceberg lettuce. And in return I'll share this easy one with you:NICOLE & ANDY'S COBB SALAD
1/2 head of iceberg lettuce
3 slices of bacon
1 ripe avocados, seed removed, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 rotisserie chicken or turkey breast diced into bite sized pieces
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
1 hard-boiled large egg, grated
1/2 cup Blue Cheese Dressing
1 Cook the bacon in a skillet on medium heat until crisp on both sides. Remove from skillet and lay out on paper towels to absorb the excess fat. Allow the bacon to cool. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
2 Slice iceberg into two wedges. Wash and dry.
3 Compose the salad. Arrange the chicken or turkey, the bacon, the tomato, and the avocado decoratively over the wedges and garnish the salad with the grated egg.
4 Drizzle with Blue Cheese Dressing and enjoy!
This version serves 2.
Now share your iceberg recipe ideas!
4 comments:
Hi Nicole this is Brie i know i am on moms account but i am making that salad tonight it sound so good and by the way i am going to call you soon i am sorry i have been really busy but i got your message i miss you so much i hope your doing really good love you Love Brie(not mom)
Here is a great recipe for layered salad. My whole family loves it. Hope all is well and I am going to have to try your cobb salad - it sounds delicious!
Layered Salad
Fern Nelson
Layer 1:
1 head lettuce
2 small green onions, chopped
¼ - ½ green pepper, chopped
2 sticks celery, chopped
Frozen peas, 1 cup
You layer each of these ingredients in a bowl and then top with the spread below.
Mix 1 pint Real Mayonnaise with 2 T. suger and spread over top.
Sprinkle with bacon bits and grated cheese. Cover and chill 8 hrs. or overnight.
HI NICOLE!!! Okay, I don't know why it has taken me this long to remember that your married name is Funderburk. I have seen your name on Dana's blog, etc forever and never clicked on it because I didn't put 2 and 2 together! I am SOOO sorry. It took me getting the PA reunion inivtation for it to click :). Well, I guess better late then never.
You look wonderful and I am excited to be able to "keep tabs" on ya! If you want, my blog is: theroperfam.blogspot.com.
Take care, wish I was going to the reunion so I could see your polo get retired ;).
--Jenny (Rasmussen) Roper
P.S. I will have to try that recipe--looks yummy!
Easiest and Best Italian Salad Loved by the Johnston clan:
Iceberg lettuce hand torn
green onion chopped
monterey jack cheese shreeded
sesame seeds toasted
Italian dressing from the package made fresh
toss all together!
Post a Comment