
When I lived and taught English in Taiwan, I always snickered as I would walk into Taiwanese homes and see the hundreds of shoes laid out in the entry way. I was told it was because the Taiwanese clean their homes twice a year and strictly wear house slippers around their house. Thus, the piles of shoes remain at the front door. Well, I felt a little bit Taiwanese last night when I looked at all of our shoes stacked up in our mudroom, which is really just a stoop rather than a room. I do clean my house more than twice a year, but we track so much snow in the house the rule is to leave our shoes here.
Also, I just have to say how much I am L O V I N G my Touareg. I mean I have really liked it since the day we bought it, but since winter has hit, I have developed a deep passion for this vehicle. From the heated seats, to the all-wheel drive, it makes winter bearable for me and I am so grateful I have it. I just feel safe in it. It is my first time owning a 4-wheel drive or all-wheel drive vehicle and now I'm hooked.
Tomorrow we are off to Las Vegas to spend Christmas with the Funderburks! Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment