Monday, February 23, 2009

Basement Project

Andy has worked a miracle on our basement! Here are some before and after pictures. I am so excited to invite friends over and enjoy a cozy (and finished) basement.

STAIRWAY - BEFORE

STAIRWAY - AFTER

The storage cupboards all stained and finished! Sorry about the glare. And you can see we still have a little touch up work left.

This is the view from top of the stairs - we put corrugated steel on the wall.

Plush new carpet on the stairs - my feet love it!

LAUNDRY ROOM - BEFORE


LAUNDRY ROOM - AFTER

I feel like I am walking into a South American laundry mat when I walk in here! I love it!


And the little nook in the laundry room - probably the home of the sewing machine once we have a baby.

FAMILY ROOM - BEFORE



FAMILY ROOM - AFTER

BASEMENT HALF BATH - BEFORE


BASEMENT HALF BATH - AFTER



We still have a few things left but it has been so rewarding to get our basement fixed up!

13 comments:

Laurie Bingham said...

Nicole, that looks awesome! I love it! I am so jealous that both you AND Andy are so creative! At least we benefit from all your creativity:)

::David and Erin:: said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! You guys have great style!

Ems said...

nicole it looks fantastic! congratulations!

Dana Marchant said...

Seriously - I am hiring you to spruce up my house....You name the time, I've got the place. I saw the corrugated steel idea this weekend and LOVED it! This looks great!

HeRoosSheRoos said...

You guys are busy! I love it. What did he use to stain that cupboard above the hallway? Will you e-mail me? That's the color we want on our table but not sure how to do it. Thanks!

Keri said...

Nice Touch! You two work well together.

Dezaree said...

It looks awesome! And I have to agree with you, my feet also liked the cushy carpet on the stairs. We need to come and see everything, now that it is all done.

Mama Mia said...

A-Mazing! You got the midas touch!

Glenda said...

I love your before and after pictures! I am so glad I got to see it in real! It looks so amazing! I love it!

Holly said...

I saw it in real life and it is amazing! the pictures don't do it justice! you 2 are Creative and productive!

Brooke said...

I'm so jealous you have a husband that finishes projects! Your house looks great. I love your style!

Jodi said...

Love, Love, Love it!!! When are you coming to my house??

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

When I buy a house I'm totally getting styling tips from you. Looks amazing!!