Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall

Macy in the morning - such a sweet little girl. I wish I could be with her every morning (not just weekends). I love this cute outfit!

And wearing her jack-o-lantern bib (right after eating - that's why she looks so chubby).

At the St. George Marathon falling asleep in Uncle Colby's arms.


When I was in Salt Lake, I visited my good friend Ryan Taylor who never ceases to inspire me creatively. He was making these cute birthday banners and tea staining them. I knew I had to create something of my own using the technique. So, I made a Happy Halloween banner. I printed out the letters in varying sizes and fonts. Then I tacked each sheet to a board, simmered some tea then rubbed the tea bags all over the papers. I set it in the sun to dry...

...and then strung it up on the wall.

I also put out a few more Halloween decorations.

In other creative endeavors, I made burp cloths and an Argyle print onesie for my friend who has a little baby boy on the way. I thought they turned out so cute; I'm so proud of myself for making friends with my sewing machine.

5 comments:

-Kyle and Emily- said...

Thank you so much for the onesie and burp rags! They are adorable, you should use your sewing machine more because the outcome is amazing!

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

Such a cute baby and so many cute crafty ideas! I've asked for a sewing machine for Christmas! I really hope I can be as cool as you someday :-)

The Orton's said...

You never cease to amaze me! You are such an awesome girl - you just have it all together!!!

Jen said...

Lady! How do you find the time?? All I've managed to do decor wise is to throw a bunch of mini pumpkins in a bowl on our dining room table. I know you're the newbie, but apparently you've already got the working mom balance figured out. Do tell -- I can use all the help I can get.

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

can you rub some of your creativity on me my dear? very cute and I can't believe how big Macy is getting! Love her!