Friday, June 3, 2011

Road Trip {Destination Arizona}

Over Memorial Day weekend, we went to Taylor, Arizona to visit Andy's family. Andy's mom grew up in Taylor and his parents recently bought a home there. They won't move permanently for another year or so but it is much closer to Cedar City than Texas so we're loving it! This is their home:

I thought Cedar City was windy. Then I met Taylor, Arizona. Wow, WINDY. The wind actually sprung our car door. And it did this to someone's garage door:

Macy loves being on her daddy's shoulders and she holds on to his ears (since that is all there is to hold on to).


Macy and I got to meet family members we've heard about for a long time but never met. This is Pood & Evelyn, great uncle and aunt.

Sam & Jackie, great aunt and uncle.

This is Merle and Jim, relatives and great friends.

Matt & Andy & their uncles.

The Taylor Cemetery was so nice and shady with these beautiful big pine trees.

These are Andy's grandparents. I love their names, but they're known as Mimi & Papa Pearce.


This was hilarious. You've heard of people building homes around trailers but a motor home!? Ghetto fabulous. We showed the picture to my dad who is an appraiser and asked him if he would determine the value off of the square footage or the odometer reading! I know, we're funny.





This was Andy, Matt & Kevo's high chair when they were babes. Now Macy gets to use it when we visit Grandma!

The piano lessons have already begun.



Three generations of baldness.

Saying goodbye.



The ride home. This is the Wigwam Hotel in Holbrook, Arizona on historic Route 66. Those are little hotel rooms; we think it would be fun to stay here someday.

In Flagstaff, we stopped for lunch at Salsa Brava, a Diner's Drive Ins, & Dives stop. It was yummy.

Andy had the Stuffed Sopapilla.

I had the Chimichanga Blanca. They both had this cilantro cream sauce that was heaven.

One dirty windshield and one beautiful drive home.

We stopped in Kanab to get out and stretch.



Mace was a great traveler.


{The Highlights}
  • We took 152 photos.
  • We visited and ate and watched Feature Films for Families videos like The Buttercream Gang on the VCR (no cable, no DVD player).
  • Macy's hair grew while we were gone! And, did you notice that Macy did not have a bow in her hair in one of these pictures? I'm clearly loosing the battle when I don't even try anymore.
  • Macy is getting so good at eating food especially more of the foods we eat and she is loving it! (We're just not loving the diapers).
  • It was a lovely trip. Can't wait to go back for Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

She's getting BIG. Her hair is starting to sprout too. :) Gotta love the bald and beautiful babes!
Her eyes are just gorgeous!