Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Butch Cassidy 10k

About a month ago, my friend Emily suggested we run a race.  We got into the Butch Cassidy 10k, barely.  I really enjoyed "training" for this, getting back into running felt so good.  I would have days when I would feel so good on my run and would think "remember this feeling tomorrow when you don't want to run."
But, all of my running leading up to the race was done in gorgeous, Cedar City, fall weather.  The morning of the race clouds were broody and the temps were under 40 degrees.  EEK.  About half way through, it started snowing on us!  My body was not loving running in the cold.  But, I finished and I'm so glad I did!  The route was from Springdale (near Zion Canyon) to Grafton via charming Rockville.  
Me and Kyle (and Gus) running - don't we look tough?

I was so glad to see this little girl

 I just wanted to get to the car and SIT DOWN! I was pooped.





Afterwards, we went out to eat and Macy and Gus got to reconnect.




2 comments:

-Kyle and Emily- said...

When is the next one? You did AWESOME! I love the pictures of Macy and Gus at the end:)

Glenda said...

You guys are Tough! Loved the pictures of the kids together! Didnt know you ran with your friends and Gus! Where was andy and Macy?