Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lost and Found


These would be my favorite pair of earrings.

This past fall I lost one of them. It was tragic. I tried to find it for a couple of months, insisting that lost earrings are like boomerangs and always seem to find their way back to me. I even went to the store I bought them (Hip & Humble) to try to buy another pair, but to no avail. I had pretty much given up hope. Then, just the other day, Andy and I were working in the yard. I was raking this area near our driveway and saw some turquoise amidst the leaves. I could not believe what I saw - my lost earring! I was ECSTATIC! It is a bit tarnished and faded, but I am not complaining!

12 comments:

Mama Mia said...

so glad you found them...they are awesome!

Dana Marchant said...

Love that feeling when you find something you love once it's disappeared into the black hole where earrings, socks & favorite pens disappear!

the stahle's said...

That is the coolest story...gives me hope on those favorite things I have misplaced.

Heather said...

Lizzy took my diamond tennis bracelet and she can't remember where she put it, I'm just hoping to find it someday and praying that she didn't put it down the toilet.

Holly said...

Cool that you found it!! Enjoy wearing them agagin.

Glenda said...

I love this story! I remember searching with you for that earring! You said I am going to keep the other one, because those kind of things always show up! I was like right!! I just lost one of my favorite earrings about a month ago!! I hope it Boomerangs back to me also!!

Kate said...

I am so happy for you, and I am glad you held on to the other! I learned it the boomarang the hard way...It threw away the other then I found the missing one. So sad!

breezy said...

Oh Nicole those are so cute!! i remember you telling me you lost one of them so happy you found it i bet you wear them lots now!! but also i want to see your new hair maybe post some new pictures!!

Laurie Bingham said...

That is so crazy! I am glad that I even got to see you wear them!

Marcae said...

There is no worse feeling than losing a pair of earings, but no better feeling than finding them. Very cute earings....I would've been sad to lose them too.

Bethers said...

These are fabulous earrings. You are following in my footsteps with the jewelry miracles!

KjO said...

Woo Hoo...it is like Christmas.

Hhey doesn't Treion's Sister-in-law own Hip and Humble?