I found this recipe in Real Simple magazine and we LOVED it so I had to share. You can link to it on their website here. It's a really light and delicous summer meal. After we made it, we just scarfed it down before I could get a picture. So, the photo is a photo of the photo in the magazine.
Warm Spinach Salad with Grilled Sausage
4 Italian sausages (about 1 pound)
8 plum tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
1 onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and pepper
3 bunches spinach, thick stems removed (about 8 cups)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
Heat grill to medium-high. With a fork, prick the sausages in several places. Grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.Meanwhile, brush the tomatoes and onion with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill until tender, 5 to 6 minutes per side for the onion and 2 to 3 minutes per side for the tomatoes. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl as they are done, add the spinach, and toss.In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, the remaining 3 tablespoons of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slice the sausages and serve with the vegetables and dressing.
Tip: Tossing the spinach with warm vegetables wilts the leaves slightly and makes them more tender. Delicious on its own, this salad is also great mixed into pasta. Yield: Makes 4 servings.
4 comments:
I never buy sausages. I like sausage...just don't know what to buy....do you have a favorite brand or cut/style? This sounds so good and is a Man's Salad:) I will try this too!
Sounds delicious! Nicole i think you should start a Pioneer Woman type blog! You always have such good recipies!
These both look so delicious...I always forget to take pictures of our family dinners and at the end, it looks pretty hashed.
You are amazing and making me hungry!! Your Chicago pictures are fun. It brought back alot of memories from our trip there about 10 years ago!! love ya
Post a Comment