Wednesday, May 16, 2012

1st Annual Cedar City Soap Box Challenge

The first annual Cedar City Soap Box Challenge was a success.  Andy played a big part in pulling this community event off.  I'm so proud of him.  There were 72 racers and around 1,000 spectators.  Everyone had a great time.  There were a few wrecks, but fortunately no injuries.  Can't wait for next year!










Macy getting friendly with Gus

Cars loaded and lined up to go to the top of the hill

The shopping cart car

See the cars coming down the hill?

Coty raced Andy's car




Trophies that Andy made from old car parts

Andy handing out awards

The crowd gathered for awards

What a fun, hot day!
Please excuse the smudge on nearly every photo - I had toddlers man handling my camera all day!

2 comments:

-Kyle and Emily- said...

Great photos! I love the trophies.

Jen said...

That looks awesome—so sad we missed it! (And glad it was such a hit so that I can say "looking forward to next year".)
P.S. Those trophies are awesome. Great job, Andy!