OPTION 1: Soft gray, white and yellow. We are leaning toward this choice. The inspiration for these colors comes from bedding I purchased at Target for the master bedroom. Who knows if I'll be able to find the fabric I need to pull this off:
OPTION 2: Bold orange and soft pink (possibly incorporating salmons and peaches too). The inspiration for these colors comes from this great chair from the early 50's I found at a consignment shop here in town. It is reasonably priced, roomy, fairly comfortable and CUTE. Isn't that original fabric great?

Also considering options for a dresser. The dresser will need to double as a changing table.
The true love is from Pottery Barn, but at $1,200 it is out of the question:

The next viable option is from Ikea:
The next option is this one from the local consignment shop that we would paint white and add new hardware.
11 comments:
I love them both but am leaning more towards the orange and pink! if you havent already purchased that chair, Hurry! i love it!!
For the dresser I say go with the local consignment shop item. I am all about supporting local business. Why send your money to Sweden when you can help a family in town? Plus I know you have the skills to make the old look new and fresh.
This Olsen Life
Like both but the orange and pick stands out more. babies like color right??? we have always used an antique buffett for changing table/dresser. I wouldn't buy new. make the old new for you. so happy for you and andy!!!
Oh yeah.....I have the changing table pad thing to put on top of dresser that you can have. you can get new cover since mine is beige. It's like new.
I know I'm constantly saying this, but you have a gift! I really can't wait to see the finished product.
Ps- that orange and pink chair is completely awesome! I really want it for myself!
I am for option one. Both are great ideas though. I will be an amazing nursery. I can't wait to see pictures.
Did you end up getting the chair?? Love it!
We got the chair - I couldn't pass it up. I'm trying not to feel too committed on colors. I think I can bring lots of fun colors into it...
Darling! Tough choices. I have been making some things for you and I am thinking the colors will fit...hopefully! Nothing too special or cool,though. I haven't talked to you forever! She looks so cute in the ultra sound! I also just found out that my little sister is due around the same time as you. She is having a little girl as well! I can't wait to meet my new nephew and nieces!
i love the first one, they are going to be my wedding colors so i'm biased. anything you do will be so cute!
So exciting! I love both options. I can't wait to see what you do!!!
Post a Comment